Guest post by: Ed Carter of ablefutures.org
It’s no secret that home improvements are necessary when selling a home. But oftentimes, potential buyers are looking for features that you may not be considering. From major repairs to value-boosting enhancements, courtesy of Diva By Design Interiors, here are some ideas to help you dress up your home to impress buyers and land the sale you’re hoping for:
Unless you’re selling your home as-is, there are some repairs that simply must happen before you try selling your home.
- Any problems with the roof (e.g., leaks, structural problems, aged shingles, etc.) should be addressed.
- Address any necessary window repair or replacement issues as soon as possible.
- If you notice signs of foundation problems, you will want to get those repaired as soon as possible.
- Any other structural issues, such as cracked ceilings and leaning walls should also be addressed.
- Furthermore, you will want to make sure that all appliances (e.g., HVAC system, dishwasher, water heater, etc.) function like they’re supposed to and replace any that are not.
Then there are improvements that can make your home more appealing to potential buyers.
- Decluttering and deep cleaning can also go a long way in impressing buyers (and keeping your stress levels down in the process).
- Staging your home brings out its best features, and can even help you stand out from the competition. Work with Diva by Design Interiors to help you DIY your staging.
- Curb appeal is critical, so make sure your property looks as good as possible from the outside.
Improvements to Increase Value
It’s also essential to factor in improvements that can raise the value of your home.
- Installing a new garage door is an improvement that comes with one of the highest ROI.
- Doing a minor kitchen remodel can also add to your home’s value significantly.
- Other improvements to consider include replacing your entry door and adding a wood deck.
Even when your home is in perfect shape, it’s not easy to land a sale. Therefore, it’s essential to make your home stand out on the market. Making major outstanding repairs, boosting the appeal of your home’s exterior and interior, and making improvements that raise your home’s value will help you accomplish that.